Monday, October 03, 2005

Erev chag

Woke up at 6:00 am. Everyone fast asleep. After a quick email session, snuck out to a nearby cafe/bakery on Hapalmach, but first picked up a Herald Tribune en route. Didn't even know about the Bali bombings until that moment (shows you how self-absorbed we have been till now). Enjoyed a "cafe hafuch" with pastry (to all those who saw me as the most devout "chasid" of Rabbi Atkins - forgive me for I have let you down terribly). Everyone walking into the bakery wishes everyone esle "shana tova", nice buzz in the air. The local take-out is doing land office business (someone please explain that expression to me, I still can't figure it out). The weather is gorgeous, this country is fantastic (despite my being chased out of the local newsagent after daring to present them with a 200 shequel note "first thing in the morning" for a lousy newspaper - gotta love the place).

Now after shacharit back at the apartment, it is 9 am and this family is still fast asleep. By the looks of it they may possibly sleep till around 11am. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

3 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shana Tova.

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jehuda?!? I don't believe it! You never ever broke your Atkins diet even when you came to Israel before?!? What happened?

Ah! ... Got it. You know on Yom Kippur you can ask for forgivness so you have a few days to enjoy the real food! :)

BTW (I don't want everyone to read this so I'll write in Japanese), moet je niet eerst Shacharit bidden met zeer lange Slichot en enkel daarna ontbijten? Please forgive my Japanese; it's been a long time.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger jsaar said...

Test

 

Post a Comment

<< Home